Soft Touch’s Ruby Gangiah is a qualified Tourism Grading Council of South Africa Assessor and conducts assessments nationally for tourism focused enterprises. This varies from bed & breakfast, guesthouses, self-catering, lodges, hotels and conference venues.
- Graded organisations have the right and are required to display the Grading Council plaque outside their premises and the certificate inside their premises to display their star rating and indicate that they meet or exceed the Grading Council's requirements. Graded organisations may use the Grading Council logo (star) in all their marketing collateral.
- All graded organisations will be listed on the Tourism Grading Council website with the following details: name of establishment, contact person, telephone and fax number, category, address, email address and web-site details with link to organisation's website for reservation purposes.
- All graded establishments get a free listing in the annual TGCSA Accommodation Guide and advertising is also available. The TGCSA Accommodation Guide is the only accommodation guide distributed by SA Tourism via its call centre and offices worldwide.
- South African Tourism endorses and uses star graded organisations ahead of non-graded organisations as listed on the official South African Tourism website www.southafrica.net.
- Grading assists organisations in positioning their products.
- All government departments are required to procure services from graded establishments only.
- Grading is a constant quality control tool as customers can call the TGCSA customer feedback centre on 0861 GRADED (0861 472 333), or fill in postage paid postcards available at graded organisations.
- The Grading Council actively markets star grading directly to consumers, tour operators and travel agents.
Ruby's Portfolio of Properties
Ruby’s wealth of experience was gained over the last 12 years in the tourism and accommodation industry is now available to you through the following areas:
- Business Climate Survey : Get an in depth analysis into exactly how much it costs you to run your facility, room by room and determine your true profitability.
- Management and Staff Training: We will identify what you are losing by not utilising your management and staff efficiently and offers courses to correct these shortcomings.
- Service Excellence Assurance Programme (SEAP): Our SEAP reveals what your staff do not want you to see, which could be costing you money.
- Interim Management Services: This service is available to you if you need to leave your facility in good management hands during a period of absence.